Faculty of Engineering and Mathematical Sciences 
Not logged in (login)

help3003


This forum is provided to promote discussion amongst students enrolled in Graphics and Animation (CITS3003).
 
Options:
RSS cloud
Jump to:

Mac OS setup

5 of 306 articles shown, currently no other people reading this forum.
photo
From: ANONYMOUS
Date: Fri 27th Mar, 12:51pm
Actions: 
        Login-to-reply

 

can you please help me out in setting up OpenGL on Xcode it doesn't work .I tried 
installing red-hat that also didn't worked out for me.All labs are closed and that was the 
only way for me run OpenGL.So if anyone is doing labs and running fine on Mac please help 
me out as I'm unable to resolve this issue.Thanks in advance. 

Mac OS setup

photo
From: Naveed A.
Date: Fri 27th Mar, 3:01pm
Actions: 
        Login-to-reply

 

In case you are interested in installing ubuntu/linux on virtual machine, you are welcome to 
join the lab session. Its currently live 2-4pm Friday. Please keep the iso of the os with you, 
as it takes long to download and we have limited time. 

Mac OS setup

photo
From: ANONYMOUS
Date: Fri 27th Mar, 8:38pm
Actions: 
        Login-to-reply

 

"Naveed Akhtar" <na*e*d*a*h*a*@*w*.*d*.*u> wrote:

> In case you are interested in installing ubuntu/linux on virtual machine, you are welcome to 
> join the lab session. Its currently live 2-4pm Friday. Please keep the iso of the os with you, 
> as it takes long to download and we have limited time. 

I am interested but could not join the lab. Could you please tell what virtual machine is 
recommended for the mac?

Mac OS setup

photo
From: ANONYMOUS  O.P.
Date: Sat 28th Mar, 3:31pm
Actions: 
        Login-to-reply

 

ANONYMOUS wrote:

> "Naveed Akhtar" <na*e*d*a*h*a*@*w*.*d*.*u> wrote:
> 
> > In case you are interested in installing ubuntu/linux on virtual machine, you are welcome to 
> > join the lab session. Its currently live 2-4pm Friday. Please keep the iso of the os with you, 
> > as it takes long to download and we have limited time. 
> 
> I am interested but could not join the lab. Could you please tell what virtual machine is 
> recommended for the ma

i now have ubuntu 19 installed but i ran into this issue so what i need to do in this case

make example1
g++   -I../../include example1.cpp ../../Common/InitShader.o   -lglut -lGL -lXmu -lX11  -lm -o example1
In file included from ../../include/GL/freeglut.h:17,
                 from ../../include/Angel.h:48,
                 from example1.cpp:4:
../../include/GL/freeglut_std.h:124:10: fatal error: GL/glu.h: No such file or directory
  124 | #include <GL/glu.h>
      |          ^~~~~~~~~~
compilation terminated.
make: *** [Makefile:42: example1] Error 1

Mac OS setup

photo
From: ANONYMOUS
Date: Sun 29th Mar, 3:42pm
Actions: 
        Login-to-reply

 

ANONYMOUS wrote:

> ANONYMOUS wrote:
> 
> > "Naveed Akhtar" <na*e*d*a*h*a*@*w*.*d*.*u> wrote:
> > 
> > > In case you are interested in installing ubuntu/linux on virtual machine, you are welcome to 
> > > join the lab session. Its currently live 2-4pm Friday. Please keep the iso of the os with you, 
> > > as it takes long to download and we have limited time. 
> > 
> > I am interested but could not join the lab. Could you please tell what virtual machine is 
> > recommended for the ma
> 
> i now have ubuntu 19 installed but i ran into this issue so what i need to do in this case
> 
> make example1
> g++   -I../../include example1.cpp ../../Common/InitShader.o   -lglut -lGL -lXmu -lX11  -lm -o example1
> In file included from ../../include/GL/freeglut.h:17,
>                  from ../../include/Angel.h:48,
>                  from example1.cpp:4:
> ../../include/GL/freeglut_std.h:124:10: fatal error: GL/glu.h: No such file or directory
>   124 | #include <GL/glu.h>
>       |          ^~~~~~~~~~
> compilation terminated.
> make: *** [Makefile:42: example1] Error 1


I had this problem and moved the file gl.h into the directory of example1
then changed the include statement to "gl.h" 
its a cheat solution but it works!
This Page


Program written by: [email protected]
Feedback welcome
Last modified:  3:57pm Aug 06 2020