Faculty of Engineering and Mathematical Sciences 
Not logged in (login)

help3003


This forum is provided to promote discussion amongst students enrolled in Graphics and Animation (CITS3003).
 
Options:
RSS cloud
Jump to:

Final exam structure and contents

1 of 306 articles shown, currently no other people reading this forum.
photo
From: Naveed A.
Date: Mon 8th Jun, 1:16pm
Dear all,
   Since I am still receiving questions regarding final exam structure and contents, let me provide the 
information that I can give you as this announcement.

Structure: In terms of Marks, exam structure will be 10% MCQs and/or True/False. The rest 90% will be 
short essay type questions. Answers to those essay type questions may range from a single word to multiple 
paragraphs. 

Equations, calculations, calculators: You will not be asked to solve equations or do computations. So, no 
calculators will be allowed. Also, you will not be asked to write complex equations. However, you can be 
asked to write simple equations like A=BCD. As you know, the slides contain many equations. You are not 
expected to memorise and reproduce those. However, some questions may test your understanding of the 
concept behind an equation. So, do not ignore equations for preparation.

Concepts vs memorisation: Questions for this year are considerably different from previous years due to 
the new mode of exam. Questions will test your understanding of the concepts much more than reproducing 
slide material. To give you a hint, except for a very small fraction of questions, I would not have to 
change much if I had to allow the exam to be open book!! (This semester, the exam is closed book of 
course).

Preparation material: As I had also mentioned in the lecture, the best way to prepare for the exam would 
be using slides. Questions in the exam will cover the unit material almost uniformly. So, do not make any 
assumptions. To give appropriate advantage to those students who also did 'further readings', a small 
fraction of marks is also dedicated to the contents not directly covered in slides but explained in the 
text book. Those who developed good understanding of OpenGL by working on Labs and Project, will find the 
exam easier than those who did not. However, you will not be asked to write long pieces of codes (a single 
line of code may still be asked though).

Above are the hints and information that is all I can provide you. I hope all of you are able to prepare 
well for the exam. Good luck!!

Regards,
Unit Coordinator
This Page


Program written by: [email protected]
Feedback welcome
Last modified:  3:57pm Aug 06 2020